GENERAL RULES MUST
BE FOLLOWED AS WELL
1. Must be secure firewall between engine compartment and driver, and between fuel cell and driver. Must be metal or other fireproof materials.
BODIES and FRAMES
1. Minimum weight for ALL modifies 2450 lbs, including all liquids and driver.
2. Bodies may be coup or sedan, after market modified styles and optional, stock appearing. Must have a top over roll cage. Bodies should have no more then eight (8) inches of lift from front to rear.
3. NO pick ups. Model T’s and model A’s allowed.
4. No mirrors allowed
5. No front fenders allowed.
6. Frame may be any type. Any tube frame must be two (2) inch by three (3) inch – 120 walls minimums.
7. 8 inch spoiler allowed, Wing spoilers and airfoils are not allowed.
1. Front type suspension may be (not to exceed a 3/4 ton up) straight axle or A-frame type. Commercial or power steering can be sued on all cars. All cars must be two-wheel drive, driven by rear wheels only.
2. Any front suspension. After market upper and lower A-arms are OK.
3. Torsion bars are allowed
4. Rear suspension must be solid one piece axle housing with leaf or coil springs. Functioning in stock manner. May be lightened or beefed but must support weight of car.
5. Any weight jack may be added.
6. Differential must not exceed ¾ ton pick up size.
7. All stock rear ends must have axle-bearing retainers spot-welded.
8. Quick-change rear end optional. No gear change after time-ins, unless approved by tech committee.
9. Rear end width measures center of tire to center, minimum of 60 inches.
10. No torque tube drive shafts allowed.
11. Any torque are or third link optional.
12. Coil over shock allowed.
1. Nerf bars MUST BE on front and rear of car, must have no sharp or protruding edges beyond frame. All must be 1 ¼ inch .095 wall minimum.
2. Front nerf bar (bumper) must not exceed past frame width. Nerf bars must be rounded, smooth bent. A minimum of 10 inches tall and 14 inches from the ground and ¾ the tire width in the back.
3. Nerf bars on side of the car are required and must be 1 ¼ inch OD minimum extend 10 ¾ of the outside of tires, not to exceed 1 inch past tire width. Subject to tech committee approval.
TRANSMISSION and CLUTCH
1. Any stock or aftermarket type transmission may be used.
2. Must have working reverse and neutral gears.
3. No in and out boxes.
4. Oil coolers may be added but must be below window line, shielded from driver and opponents, not in the back window, Must pass tech committee inspection.
5. Clutches and torque converters are open.
6. Must run a flywheel, aluminum or steel.
1. Super traps on exhaust are allowed.
2. Engines must remain upright and in center of frame.
3. Engines set back no further than 17 inches back from lower ball joint to the number one (1) spark plug hole OR 72 inches or more forward from the rear axle centerline to the bellhousing flange on the back of the engine block.
4. All engines must be radiator type cooling. Oil or additional coolers may be added but must not be in driver’s compartment.
5. All engines must have a working starter.
6. No electrical fuel pump.
8. IMCA CARS CAN RUN BY IMCA RULES.
ENGINES V-8 ANY CID PER ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER AMERICAN ONLY
1. Any single 2 or 4 BBL 750 cfm max. Carburetor must be used, Holly, Carter, Rochester or Motor craft. Choke horn optional. Demean Carb allowed up to 750. NO Predator allowed.
2. Any single 2 or 4 barrel cast iron or aluminum intake may be used. An adapter may be used, 2 inch max.
3. Engine must be naturally aspirated. NO INJECTORS, BLOWERS, TURBOS OR NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS.
4. Headers are legal, but must pass tech committee.
5. After market ignitions allowed. NO magnetos or crank trigger ignitions.
6. Flat tappet cams only. Roller rockers optional. No roller cams. Any size cam.
7. Any steel rods any after market cranks.
8. Engines block heads and internal parts to be factory replacement type. NO ALUMINUM HEADS, BLOCKS OR RODS. Any pistons may be used or cast iron heads.
9. Stock OEM heads or after market heads can be ported and polished.
10. Gear drives optional.
ENGINES 4, 6 V-6 FOR MODIFIEDS
1. Any 4 or 6 cylinder American made may be used.
2. No CID limit. No stroker motors allowed
3. Any intake and exhaust systems may be used. Must be naturally aspirated. No injectors, blowers, turbo or nitrous oxide systems
4. Any single maximum 750 CFM, 2 or 4 barrel may be used.
5. After market ignitions Allowed. NO magnetos or crank trigger ignitions.
6. Any pistons and valves may be used.
7. V-6 must have cast iron heads and blocks, any intake and solid lifter cam.
8. Stock OEM heads or after market heads can be ported and polished.
1. Fuel cell mandatory with metal outer casing, and foam inside the bladder. Tank must be secured by 2 or more 1/8 inch steel straps or bolted.
2. Racing fuel, Alcohol, trick fuel allowed. NO NITROUS.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Wheels must be steel only (Wide-Five Aluminum allowed), not to exceed twelve (12) inches in width.
2. Centers must be reinforced with Â½ inch steel plate, or extra heavy duty type.
3. NO DUELS ALLOWED
4. Minimum of 100” wheel base on both sides.
5. Racing tires, or DOT approved highway tires. Siping and grooving is optional. Tread width will be a min. 8” and not exceed 11” in width.
6. NO MUD, SNOW OR TRACTION TIRES.
7. 5/8” STUDS MANDATORY. No wheel spacers.